Friday, August 20, 2010

For the last twenty four hrs i have fought bravely to save my computer! Failed miserably 6o/clock th

had to format it.couldnt access my security my search facility couldnt be opened system restore kindly informed me they couldnt save me....files moving all over the placeand renaming themselves. it was probably the worst sober night of my life! I could download security onto my computer but then it would sit on my monitor and do nothing .any idea what it was ? and has it now gone i couldnt believe it ,it was a nightmare!



For the last twenty four hrs i have fought bravely to save my computer! Failed miserably 6o/clock this morningauto protect



It sounds like Vitumonde to me. This nasty bit of adware attaches itself to your Win32 and fools your os into thinking it is just another Windows server. This is missed by most security programs for this reason, and duplicates with every reboot.



To rid yourself of this, run a search for virtumundobegone, then download the killbit software. This will cause a fatal error, but you simply restart your computer and it is clean. Then, go to your device manager to system restore. Uncheck it, then delete all system restore files, as you could well start the whole process over with the next restore operation if Virtumonde is stored there. Then recheck system restore, and install a new check point. After this, go to trendmicro.com and run their Housecall scan. This should clean your pc. Good luck! Btw, you want to open Dr Watson and send the error log file to Microsoft.com. They should analyze this for you and send back a report of findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment