Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you configure a router to allow remote access to folders on a home computer.?

I figured out how to set up a VPN %26 map a network drive across a LAN(shared router). How can connect remotely to a mapped drive and copy files from it? When i connect with the VPN it shows the connection active on both computers at this point i thought i would be able to see the other computers hard dive and copy files from it. I don't know what to do with the VPN or how to connect with it remotely through my router. The desktop runs w2k and the laptop is xp. In setting up remote access was it nessary to configure an incoming connection on the w2k pc and folder sharing with primission or VPN on the xp pc just to be able to copy files from my home computer? What do i need to do as far as changing the configuration of the remote access from time to time to provide security for my computers Since i my be connecting my computer to the internet at cafe's and hotels? Need anything from hong kong let me know and i will see what i can do. Thanks for your help.



How do you configure a router to allow remote access to folders on a home computer.?antivirus download



You might want to check out a program called Hamachi. it's free and it lets you set up VPNs in a ridiculously short amount of time:



http://www.hamachi.cc



How do you configure a router to allow remote access to folders on a home computer.?bmw

No comments:

Post a Comment