Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Social Security Number may have been stolen?

I went to get my permit a while ago and when I got it, they said someone else used my Social Security Number to get their license. The lady told me the guy who stole it was from New Jersey, and I used to live in New Jersey so I know this wasn't a mistake and something was wrong. My mommy went to the Social Security Office and they checked on their computers. They said the only person that came up under my Social Security Number was me. So my question is was my Social Security Number stolen and how do I find out for sure? The lady at the permit place said yes, but the actual Social Security Office said no, I was the only one. Also, is there any way this guy can block his name from coming up on the Social Security Office's computers? Like are there any scams you can do to make sure you don't get caught? Sorry 4 all the questions, and thanks 4 your help! =)



My Social Security Number may have been stolen?symatec



I don't doubt the person at the DMV.



No one has the capability to block their name from coming up on the Social Security office and there have been instances on one system there, it showed no while on another it showed yes there was someone else using your ss#



Here is what you also need to do and do it quickly.



Contact the credit reporting services, you can call their toll free numbers, put a fraud alert on your credit reports. This one is temporary in that it lasts for 90 days. It will ask you for a phone # to prevent anyone from getting credit in your name and ruining it. If you can go back to the DMV to get the information about the person who used your SS#, do so and then file a police report. If not, go to the police anyway so you can have a police report on record and get copies and send that to the credit reporting agencies as well

No comments:

Post a Comment