Friday, August 20, 2010

How do i turn off ';allow remote access'; on my computer?

I am trying to up the security on my computer. i've been told to unclick 'allow remote access' but I don't know how.



How do i turn off ''allow remote access'' on my computer?cafe racer



Right click my computer-choose properties



Choose the Remote tab



Uncheck ''allow users to connect remotely to this computer''



How do i turn off ''allow remote access'' on my computer?free anti virus



right click mycomputer click on properties click on remote then its untick remote access , click on apply %26 ok
under control panel



under adminstrator tools



under services



turn it off there



otherwise it remains active until the service is disabled
You need more answers. I'm not sure you want to disallow remote access.



The link below will give you a lot of information on remote access.



http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/S...



This information is from WindowsXP Help:



Remote Access Authentication Process



When you connect to the Internet, remote access authentication is a one-step process. Your computer presents credentials, typically a user name and password, that are acceptable to a remote access server at the Internet Service Provider (ISP), and you are granted a connection to the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment