Friday, August 20, 2010

My computer has a trojan... I need a little help please?

What exactly is a trojan. I know it can do some serious damage to your computer. As soon as I found out I had it I did a complete scan of my computer using Norton Internet Security 2008 and that didn't do anything. When I go into my recycle bin or to open any files a message comes up with a message that says 'Your computer was infected by an unexpected trojan. It's dangerous for your system (critical files can be lost)! Click OK to download the anitspyware program to clean your system!'. Then it gives me the options 'OK' and ''Cancel'. I click cancel because I'm not sure if that's the trojan or not. Is there anyway I can get rid of it (I'm not computer savvy at all). And how much damage could it do (because I'm pretty sure some of them won't cause too much damage). Should I ignore it or do something right away. Any advice, information or suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.



My computer has a trojan... I need a little help please?free spyware remobal



Technically, a Trojan isn't a virus. It's really a worm, which is way worse.



What it's doing is trying to get you to download it so it can replicate. If your virus protection doesn't immediately delete it, try manually locating it if you can, or upgrading your antivirus. If you have an antispyware program (NOT the one it offers), that could also hunt it down.



---



Well, do you have any downloaded programs that you know could be potentially problematic?



I suppose in this case taking it to a shop would be best.



My computer has a trojan... I need a little help please?kawasaki



DO you have limewire?

No comments:

Post a Comment