Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Where do I find regrister on my computer to remove something?

Where do I find regristry on my computer, to remove CA Security Suite. Add remove won't take it off, tells me I should sign in under adminstrator, (I am the adminstrator), that confuses me.



Where do I find regrister on my computer to remove something?panda



You can't easily remove a complicated piece of software like a security suite via the Registry, and could easily make serious problems for yourself if you tried. Changes made to the Registry take effect immediately and have no Undo command.



Rather, I suggest you try logging in as the USER Administrator in Safe Mode and removing it that way. If that doesn't work, something bad may have already gotten onto your machine enough to protect itself by removing administration privileges. Ironically, it may also be keeping CA's software on the machine.



To get into Safe Mode:



1.Log out and reboot your machine.



2.When the machine starts the reboot sequence, press the F8 key repeatedly.



3.Select Safe Mode from the resulting menu.



4.When the login screen comes up, log in as Administrator. By default, Administrator has no password.



5.The machine will continue booting, but the Windows desktop will look different. You won't be able to see the Internet, for instance.



6.When you're finished, log out and reboot back into normal mode.



One more thing: anti-malware programs can often do a better job if you run them in Safe Mode. Safe Mode sometimes keeps the malware from protecting itself.



Good luck.



Where do I find regrister on my computer to remove something?suzuki



start menu to the right is run then type in regedit there you are.
Launch the Registry Editor



Click the Start button, and select Run... .



In the window that opens, enter regedit , and click OK.



Be careful here. You can really scew things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment